Here is a fun food that is so healthy and versatile; it is a favorite in our home, it can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner with very little changes made to it. Our 7yr old and my wonderful husband (sssssssh) can’t get enough of it- It takes so little time to make this meal-We sometimes use quinoa or brown rice spaghetti
Ingredients- we used all organic ingredients.
- 3 eggs
- 2 plum tomato- diced
- 1 small red onion -diced
- 1 cup baby spinach-chopped
- 1 small carrot –thinly sliced
- ½ a pack of spaghetti –about 3 cups (boiled)
- ¼ olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic-chopped
- ½ a cup of left over grilled wild caught Alaskan salmon (leave this out for breakfast)
- a pinch of sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and nutmeg to taste
In a large bowl, beat eggs, add tomatoes, onion, spinach, carrots, garlic, salt, pepper, nut meg, salmon and mix, add boiled spaghetti.
In a large 10-inch non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add spaghetti mixture, spreading evenly and pressing down in pan. Cook until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Carefully invert onto plate, add a little more oil to the pan, and slide mixture back into skillet and cook the other side for 6 minutes. Turn out onto serving platter and cut into wedges and serve warm. If you are a pro at this you can toss over to change sides..
Feeding your family fresh wholesome foods can be as adventurous and fun as you want it to be- Hope you are having a good day.